Episcopal Church of the Ascension
205 S. Summit Ave.
Gaithersburg, MarylandÂ 20877-2315
If you have a pastoral emergency after hours call Rev. Randy at 301.801.4347.
Fill out a yellow prayer request card on the table in the entryway or email the office.
Rector – The Rev. Randy Lordâ€“Wilkinson
Assistant to the Rector – The Rev.Â Javier Ocampo
Music Director – Jerrold Tidwell
Parish Administrator – Kathy Van Arnum
See the full staff list on the Leadership/Staff page.
The Church of the Ascension is located near Old Town Gaithersburg at the intersection of Summit Avenue and Route 355 (Rockville Pike).
Parking at Ascension
Founded in 1882 as a mission of Christ Church â€“ Rockville, Ascension is the oldest church in Gaithersburg. As Gaithersburg grew (now the largest city in Montgomery county), so did Ascension.
The modern brick main church was built in 1982, followed a decade later by the education/administration building.
Ascension Chapel, our historic home on this corner, underwent a major renovation beginning in the late 1990â€™s. This newly refurbished building was put back into service in 2003 and added much needed worship and meeting space for our growing congregation. We offer a variety of services in this historic space, from small weddings and funerals to Sunday morning worship for as many as 100 people.