Ascension has a busy program of education and activities for youth in grades 6-12, in which they grow in faith and learn to care for each other and for God’s world.
– Middle school and high school students meet the second and fourth Sundays of each month from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the lower hall, or “Undercroft Commons,” of the main church. They gather for discussions, videos, service projects, dinners, games and much more.
– Lock-ins strengthen the community of Ascension youth. We play games, eat, watch movies, and even sleep a little.
– Traditionally at Ascension, young people in the 9th grade and older are welcome to participate in a special preparation class for confirmation. They will affirm for themselves the promises made on their behalf by their parents and godparents at baptism. We’ve discovered an exciting new curriculum called “Confirm not Conform” that has been well received by teens preparing for this special rite of passage.
Summer Work Camps
– Each summer, middle school and high school youths travel to various areas of the country to repair homes while building lifetime spiritual experiences through hard work and fellowship. This is a great way to earn community service hours for school.
– Young people can participate in various service projects throughout the year, including church and community clean up days, our Christmas Outreach Project, and other projects.
Sign up for our “Youth at Ascension” emails by clicking on the link: Sign up